Bishop Davis has been a member of the Way of the Cross Church of Christ since the year of 1940. He gives credit for the knowledge of God’s word that he has today, to the late Pastor and Founder Bishop Henry C. Brooks, because was faithful to the work of God’s people. Bishop Davis’ determination has been, to be faithful in the Service of the Lord. He was baptized at the age of seven and later received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Growing up in the Mother Church, he sang on the Sunshine Band, the Jr. Choir, Male Chorus, and The Christian Lights Gospel singers. He was a member of the Young People’s Union, President of the Jr. Brother’s Club, and followed the late Bishop John E. Williams as President of The Youth for Christ. He also served as Church clerk and a reader for our Founder.
In August 1961, during our Holy Convocation, he was ordained an Elder. After the passing of our founder the late Bishop Henry C. Brooks, he served as interim Acting Pastor of the Mother Church, while waiting for a pastor to be selected. In March 1973, he became Founder and Pastor of Mt. Calvary Way of the Cross Church of Christ. The doors of the church were open on March 18, at 11:00am. This is the work that God prepared, called, and sent him to do. In 1990, he was appointed District Elder for the Middle Atlantic Diocese District 1. In August 1991, during our Holy Convocation he was ordained a Bishop.
“So built we the wall…for the people had a mind to work”. (Nehemiah 4:6) Through much fasting and praying on April 10, 1998 (Good Friday), Bishop Davis and the Mt. Calvary family moved into their new edifice, located at 306 Hill Road, Landover, Maryland. In March 2009, Bishop Willie J. Davis was appointed Diocesan over the Middle Atlantic Diocese.